1500 Watt 48V Speed Controller

What makes you so fast? How are you controlling that speed?
Brian

Re: 1500 Watt 48V Speed Controller

Post by Brian »

Update: I did successfully run a weekend on 8S with one of these. I used a DC-DC boost converter on the "key" (logic power) line, and it worked fine. I got some super sketchy ones from Amazon that required reflowing to get the inductor attached (would not recommend). Anything that gets you over the low voltage cutoff from your battery voltage should do fine.

I also suspect the resistor thing might work. Have not tried it on a controller which wasn't otherwise broken though, so who knows.
Craig wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:07 pm What does the Speed cable do? Does it limit RPM or just current?
On my 1500W ones (QWE992493 from ebay), it definitely limits RPM. I measured current, and also felt the speed difference, and it's the same in high speed vs medium. However, that controller is weird. It appears to do field weakening, because it gets going way (25% or so) faster than math based on the KV of the motor says it should. It also draws significantly more current once it hits higher speed.
Scott wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:44 pm Were you ever able to figure out how to program these?

I’ve been poking around a couple E-S threads and it certainly seems possible. There seems to be a few parameters that you can set through the e-bike display. (I’ve ordered one to try)

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =2&t=96736

And there is a configuration program for some of the controllers, via a programming contector, but is not real clear where that would land on the board.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =2&t=27927
I did not succeed in programming any of mine. My old ones have some kind of special-purpose IC, which isn't going to let me write fully custom code like I want. My new ones appear to have an STM32, but I haven't gotten around to trying to actually trying to program them.